Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake Gluten Free and Lactose Free
It’s been some time since I made this recipe (February 22nd!). I’m a little late on posting it! My husband LOVES baked pasta dishes, and I had been missing alfredo sauce SO MUCH. I found a recipe that I used lactose-free milk with and dairy-free parmesan cheese and it was EASY to make and super delicious. I cooked the chicken with some olive oil and Italian seasonings. While cooking the pasta. And then added all the ingredients together, and topped with Lactose Free Mozarella cheese shreds. I really need to make this dish again sometime soon, because it was awesome. It was great because we each had plenty of leftovers for him to bring to work and for me to have for lunch the next day.
2 large chicken breasts
olive oil and Italian seasonings (thyme, basil, oregano, parsley) to taste
salt and pepper to taste
Pasta, we used spaghetti, but you could also make this with penne. we used gluten free of course. I think I used 1/2 a box.
Sauce – I think I doubled these ingredients:
1 cup lactose-free milk
1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
1 1/2 tablespoons of flour
3 tablespoons dairy-free parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 dash pepper
Topping – top with lactose free mozzarella and more parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Season with olive oil and spices. Cook on skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Alfredo Sauce – the key is patience. add all ingredients gradually. Melt butter in sauce pan on stove top with medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour. This will create a yellow paste. Gradually add milk, whisking until incorporated and no lumps are present. Continue to whisk until hot, usually 3-5 minutes. The longer you cook the base, without the cheese, the thicker the sauce will be. And I like thick sauce! Add parmesan slowly, again whisking until incorporated. Add minced garlic and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. If the sauce gets too thick, add more milk for consistency.
- Combine cooked chicken, cooked and drained pasta, and alfredo sauce. Put into baking dish (9 x 13). Top with mozzarella and parmesean cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook until cheese on top is melted, almost golden brown and a little crispy if you like!