Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
I found this recipe online, and it says it’s from Martha’s holiday cookies 2005. I adapted for Gluten Free. These are one of Francisco’s favorite cookies – I think it’s because of the cinnamon! The recipe makes 20-40 cookies, depending on how large or small you form your dough balls. Also, if you make more cookies rather than fewer cookies, you may need to make more of the cinnamon sugar mixture. To be safe, perhaps use 3 tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
2 ¾ cup GF flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine butter and 1 ½ cups sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs.
- Reduce speed to low. Add in slowly, combined flour, baking powder and salt.
- Refrigerate dough at least one hour (divide in half and wrap in plastic wrap).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape chilled dough into 20-40 (1 ¾ inch or less diameter) balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3-inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper (or a silicone mat).
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12-15 minutes.