Gluten-Free White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies (NOT Dairy-free)
Since being pregnant, or maybe since I’ve been in remission, or maybe because my medicine is so good – I’ve been able to relax my diet. I still try to eat gluten-free, dairy-free, and legume-free when I can, but when it’s not convenient, I have been making exceptions. I was craving these delicious cookies that I can’t remember baking since I was in high school.
I found a recipe online from Hershey’s kitchens, and just used Gluten-free flour. They are made with real butter, and white chocolate chips that do contain milk. Had I had the forethought to order more white chips dairy-free from amazon, I might have made these lactose-free too.
The recipe is super simple and they turned out great. I can’t wait to bake up some more for our commission meeting on Tuesday!
2 cups (12 oz) white chocolate chips
¾ cup Cocoa (Hershey’s)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter – softened
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, bet until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat in to butter mixture.
- Stir in white chips.
- Drop on to ungreased cookie sheet. I always use parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 8-9 minutes (I baked them 8 minutes).
- Recipe makes about 4 dozen.